.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2006/03/14

 

Forgiving feminists

October 30, 2005, Maureen Dowd was in the news doing what she does. Other columnists commented, among them one of my favorites, Kathleen Parker. I dropped her a note.

Re-reading it, I believe I am both right and wrong. Men will overlook and ignore distracting traits in the women they pursue. We are ever optimistic. Still, when confronted with the characteristics of the catch, I believe more than a few good men's opinions will mirror mine regarding ...

Forgiving Feminists -

Dear Kathleen Parker,

There is a quality of good men that I think you have overlooked: the romantic idea of justice.

We men, who have lived with Dowd's ilk and seen them from the beginning, will not forgive them.

Those paranoid brats have raised predator sons and slut daughters. Juvenile-in-Chief Bill Clinton is their progeny's hero, parsing the language to rebel against stodgy rules. No economic strata is safer than any other. Into this new world, I must send my most precious, so armored that I don't know how they will find love.

The sometimes wild, sometimes cold determination that we have focused on becoming available or single fathers is coming to bear upon our adversaries, now that the children are in college, or at least out of the house.

To have compassion for feminists is to betray our mothers, our daughters, and our children's children. Other Dowd's will wail that they didn't know. Have mercy on the victims of feminism's fraud!

No.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?